We get it. Relationships can be tough.
In this blog post, we are spilling all the beans on where to look and start this real work in relationships.
We’ve curated all the best resources, with a brief description and links to the sources. None of these links are affiliated or sponsored. These are legit and resources we’ve actually used and continue to use in our pretty kick ass marriage.
Let’s get to it.
1. 5 Love Languages – we’ve shared this one before and we have to share it again. This book and website changed everything for our relationship. Start with the website, take the free quiz, and sign up for their newsletter. (Also free). Buy the book if you want to bypass all that work and jump in. It will change your communication and love game.
2. The Gottman Institute – Husband and wife doctors Julie and John gottman have conducted decades of research on relationships, couples, and love. They have infinite resources, studies and articles on their website. We highly recommend their newsletter as well. Check out there work here on bids of affection and here on the 4 horsemen to get started.
3. Zim zum of love – book by rob bell and his wife. All about the special intimacy between two people in a relationship and how that space is sacred. How to add and take from that energy and honour your separate selves while in a powerfully connected relationship.
4. Brené Brown – All of her work. All of it. It’s not designed specifically for relationships but it has been the most impactful for us in terms of being a good person. Cause let’s get real. We can’t be in a good relationship we’re an asshole. #amiright. Her online courses—amazing. Feel free to start with her ted talks here for free. We highly recommend her books, especially daring greatly and rising strong. She’s incredible. And Texan. And hilarious.
5. Communication 101 – Our online course. Shameless plug? Maybe. You’ll find all these above sources and more along with our own twist on how we use them, apply them, and grow with them. Communication 101 with The Relationship Project is a perfect place to start. Course enrolment is open Feb 1-9th 2018, don’t miss out. Start day is Feb 11. For more information and to register head here.
There you have it.
A solid foundation to start looking at your marriage. If you need more help please find a therapist near you. Ain’t no shame in getting that help! That’s why your here too, right? Alright, there’s a few more bonus resources for you below, check them out as well.
As always, feel free to reach out to us if you need anything and let us know: What’s your favourite marriage resource? We LOVE checking them out!
Love & Respect by Emerson Eggerichs
A new earth by Elkhart Tolle
The Mask of Masculinity by Lewis Howes
The Relationship Cure by John Gottman
7 Principles for Making Marriage Work John Gottman and Nan Silver
Naked Conversations by Marriage 365
The Relationship Project
Science of Relationships